Wednesday, April 15, 2009

My P5 Camp ( Day 1 )

My camp was just awesome! When I came to school on the first day of camp, I was so excited!! We first went up to the hall and got assigned in groups. This is the bad part. I got separated from my friends. In my group, I knew no one but, sadly, two boys from my class. :( I guess this camp is for us to make new friends. Our group instructor was Stephanie. My group name was Moscow. When we boarded the bus to the campsite, I was happy to see my friend from another group, Montral. On the bus, there were two instructors teaching us a few cheers.
At the campsite, we had to put our heavy bags in a hall. We gathered in groups and went to make our group flag and got to know each other better. After that, it was lunch time. We all had to take turns to do duty. And we had to wash our utensils with only 5 seconds on the clock!! But the fun started after lunch. We went to Sentosa! We took a bus there. We were going to have an Amusing Race over there, kind of like the Amazing Race. We were to travel around Sentosa with two tram rides and a bus ride to use during the race. Our instructors were to give us a clue every time we finished our tasks.
My group's first clue brought us to Dolphin Lagoon. Let me tell you that the clues were easy but the task, not so much. Our task was to play the Tug-Of-War in the sea with bumpers. Three people in a team. But two group members would not play. I wanted to play. There was horrible salty water in your eyes and mouth. And the worse part is that we DID NOT play Tug-Of-War! We just did a mini race with the bumpers! This made me mad. And we had no towel to dry our selves with!! We had to change into our extra shirts, all wet!( No shorts! At least we were told to bring an extra shirt!) I regretted wanting to play the game.
There were also road blocks. We had two. The first, we had to take pictures with three complete strangers and the second,we had to sing three different languages of the Happy Birthday
song to strangers. We sung in English, Chinese and Cantonese.In the end, we did not complete all of the challenges.
We came back to the campsite and had been given rooms all mixed with different groups. There were mattresses on the floor and double-deckered beds. I had a bed and it was at the bottom. Then we got our bags into the rooms and got a cold and shivering bath. There were loads of people waiting to bathe, so everyone was given only 7 minutes. We had dinner then. During the night activity, there was one group member who was taken away from every group.We were supposed to rescue them. First, we were to send a search party for him while some people stayed behind to solve a puzzle. I stayed to solve the puzzle.We had to join boxes with the same number on it without crossing any lines we have drawn. We finished the puzzle first but we had to wait for our search party to come back first before we moved on. Then, when our search party came back, we headed downstairs to play some games so that we could find "kidnapped" friend.
We were supposed to play a game and guess a box number. Inside the box, there was a key that lead to our "kidnapped" friend. We kept guessing wrongly. Chief Eunice was in charge of the boxes. Seeing us come so many times, she gave us clues. Soon we found the two keys we were looking for.
We found our friend in a room just outside the hall, where we started. After finding our blindfolded friend, we had to guide him to downstairs with his blindfolds still on.My group wanted to carry him but go tired of the idea and just lead him normally.
It was supper time.Lights out was at 11.15p.m. I could not sleep until after midnight. Day 1 was exhausting