Sunday, March 15, 2009

Fire Safety

I have not experience any incident of a fire break out, but I have read of them before in the newspapers.
I would get ready by bringing a handkerchief in case a fire breaks out and there would be smoke.Crawl on the ground to get away from the smoke. Everybody probably knows that when you caught on fire, you should STOP , DROP and ROLL! If I were trapped in a room and there is fire just outside, I would stop the smoke from coming into the room by using a piece of cloth to cover the opening under the door. I would also call the fire station if I could find a phone.
The causes of fire can be anything. Such as electrical fault, children playing with fire, people forgetting to turn of the stove and many more than just these examples.
To prevent fire break outs, we should not play with fire, turn of stoves when ever it is not in use and try not to have too much newspaper in the house as when it catches fire, the fire will spread very quickly.
I think my school is conscious of fire safety as many police officers have come to our school to teach us about fire safety.
If I were given a chance to introduce an activity for children to learn fire safety, it would be a blog that has many videos and it would be very addicting.

No comments: